The journal „Wundmanagement“ serves as a platform for all those dealing with the care, prevention and treatment of chronic wounds. It encourages the exchange of information and experiences relevant to very practical issues as well as the transmission of scientific expertise and reports on wound management and health economics.
The readers will be informed on latest developments in the care of acute and chronic wounds as well as state-of-the-art scientific insights. In particular, the journal aims to promote the dialogue and fruitful cooperation of all those involved in wound care as well as pragmatic approaches for standardised measures.
The Editorial Board consists of a multidisciplinary team and ensures a high standard of the submitted scientific manuscripts by a peer-review process in accordance with the „Uniform Requirements“ of biomedical journal editors (www.icmje.org).
Although it is primarily directed to the German-speaking readership, extended abstracts of main articles are published in English to facilitate international contacts.
- education and training
- therapy of chronic wounds
- prevention of chronic wounds
Special issues are published e.g. on MRSA, diabetic ulcers, debridement, DFS and congresses (Abstract band)
Manuscript categories are:
- Scientific original articles
- Reports from field
- Press releases
- News items
- Recommendations by professional societies
- Calendear of events
- Book review
The journal “Wundmanagement“ is the official publication of
- Initiative Chronische Wunden e.V. (ICW e.V.)
- Austrian Wound Association (AWA)
- Schweizerischen Gesellschaft für Wundbehandlung (SAfW)
- Wundnetz Kiel e. V.
- Wundzentrums Hamburg e.V.
- Wundzentrum Nord e. V..
- Wundnetz Berlin Brandenburg e. V.
- Wundnetz Rheinland-Pfalz e. V.